Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Weekend Recap

*This is super long and mainly for YaYa, Da, Nonnie and Deeda*

This weekend was beyond crazy... some in a good way, some in a not so good way.

Friday - We had a normal afternoon... Miss Priss and I went to the mall, rode the carousel, ate lunch at Chick-fil-A, walked around for a bit and headed home for a nap. After she woke up, we talked to Auntie Allie. About 6 or 6:30, we headed to the store for a few things I needed for chicken salad. I was having shooting pains in my belly that didn't seem to go away. We got home and I tried to rest as much as possible when there's a 20 month old needing attention.

At this point, I realized I hadn't felt Baby Girl move since I was talking to Allison (about 4:00). I drank a large glass of chocolate milk, but it didn't do the trick to get her moving. Since it had been about 4 hours since I know I felt her move and the pain was still not subsiding, I called in to the doctor. He wanted me to go to L&D for monitoring. By now it was Miss Priss' bedtime, so I put her to bed and waited for LC to get home from the Byron Nelson. Of course this happens while P is sleeping and when my parents are in Maui and the Semi-Homemades are in Oklahoma (so no one to come over and watch P)! Luckily, we were able to get our babysitter to come over to listen for P while we headed up to the hospital.

The nurse immediately found the heartbeat, but I had to stay on the monitors for an hour. They never said what the pains were... just to follow up with my OB at my appointment this week. We left about 12:30 AM with the instructions for me to take it easy, rest, and drink plenty of fluids. This was super easy to do when I was pregnant with P... now, not so much. She doesn't understand why Momma can't pick her up or why all Momma wants to do is sit on the couch!

Saturday - We had a showing at 9 AM so we had breakfast out (one of my favorite things to do!). Then we came home to play, eat lunch, and nap. Miss P thought she didn't need to nap, so LC stayed up with her while I took a long nap! The weather was great and I thought sitting on a patio was just the ticket for dinner. As we pulled in the parking lot to On the Border, the sky darkened. The waitress brought our drinks out as the sky opened up! Our table was under an awning and the umbrella, so we were totally dry. P was happy as a clam, so we stayed on the patio through the rain storm. It was actually quite enjoyable to be the only ones outside!

Sunday - Church in the morning, home for lunch, once again P didn't nap. I made a fantastic banana pudding for the cookout at the Graham's.

P and Nate setting up their lounge chairs

Daddy and P in the pool

She thought it was hilarious to throw the ball in the water!
It was cloudy most of the afternoon and then rained for a bit. We ate on the patio and then set up the octopus sprinkler for the kiddos (so we wouldn't have to get back in the pool with them!) It was a sight to see! All the little girls stripped down to their diapers or panties and were running around squealing.
Except when the water actually touched P.... Not a fan of the cold water from the faucet.
Monday - Trip to Home Depot for mulch. P took a LONG nap (making up for the last 2 days of no nap), so while LC worked on the yard, I got my toes done. We had the Semi-Homemades over for dinner - hamburgers, corn on the cob, watermelon. After dinner, P and R were playing and Miss Priss climbed up on a Rubbermaid container... we're not entirely sure what happened, but we heard a crash and P was laying on the tile floor screaming. I think she fell flat onto her noggin.... a HUGE goose egg popped up immediately and she bit something in her mouth that bled quite a lot. I called the nurse line because the bump was so big and so bruised! She said to give her some Motrin, that it was ok to put her to bed, but to wake her up every 3-4 hours. We ended up keeping her awake until 9, then I got up with her at 1:00 and LC took the 5:00 shift. Talk about getting ready for a newborn! I didn't realize how much I like having uninterrupted sleep!


YaYa said...

Tell Miss Priss that her Aya misses her terribly and will be home soon, ready to smother her with kisses for her new boo-boo's. Headed to the beach and then the Grande Spa. I sucks being me! Much love to all three of my Chamblee girls!

michelle roos said...

Ah yes... Uninterrupted sleep is bliss. At five freaking months hayzen finally started sleeping through the night but I have not forgotten those sleep deprived days!!!