Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Croup

Miss P has the croup* (is it the croup or just croup? My Granny always said the croup, but maybe that's like the Walmart). We have 3 prescriptions.... a steroid, a stronger antibiotic, and a cough medicine. Poor baby just feels awful and there's nothing I can do to make it better. I think that's the worst thing about being a mom... knowing there's something wrong and not being able to make it ok.

*Croup is a group of respiratory diseases that often affect infants and children[1] under age 6. It is characterized by a barking cough; a whistling, obstructive sound (stridor) as the child breathes in; and hoarseness due to obstruction in the region of the larynx. It may be mild, moderate or severe, and severe cases, with breathing difficulty, can be fatal if not treated in a hospital.[2]

1 comment:

Aya said...

That's the PERFECT description of what P sounded like today ~ it's sad to say this about my own grand-daughter, but...she sounded like a dog barking when she was trying to tell me something! I hope she feels better soon ~ try some chicken noodle soup and lots of lovin's. Always worked with you and Allie....hugs, Momma