Friday, June 6, 2008

Just Breathe!

Whew! I finally have a chance to sit down and upload pictures from the last 2 weeks.

Monday through Thursday was Vacation Bible School at church. Initially I was the snack lady, but there were so many kiddos (what a blessing!), I ended up teaching 2nd grade with 3 other lovely ladies.

Not sure if yall know, but in college, I switched my major from fashion merchandising to teaching and then back to merchandising (because I was a stupid 20-something that thought a higher salary was more important). After graduation, I wasn't ready to move home, so I subbed in Denton for the Spring semester. I LOVED it!!! When I got the Kappa job and knew I'd start grad school, I entered a teacher certification/masters program. After the fall semester, I didn't want to stay in Pittsburgh any longer than I had to, so I decided to go the "easy" route and get my MBA. If I hadn't made that choice, I wouldn't have moved back to Dallas and met Lane.

This week I can't tell you how many people asked me if I was a teacher. When I said no, they said, "Well, you should be". What a compliment!!! I think God is telling me something. Once our last kiddo hits 4, I'll most likely start an alternative certification program and finally do what I should've done all along.

No comments: